Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408)
This visa allows the visa holder to carry out activities like full-time domestic work for senior foreign executives, participate in high-level sports, work in the entertainment industry, work in a research project, participate in events endorsed by the Australian Government, work as a religious worker, be an employee of a superyacht crew member, work at a skilled position in staff exchange arrangement, etc. on a temporary basis in Australia. For applying for this visa, the applicant must be sponsored by an approved temporary activity sponsor who has passed the sponsorship test.
Benefits of Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408):
The applicant is allowed to stay for a nominated time period with a maximum of 2 years. The applicant can enter and leave Australia frequently till visa validity and can also bring eligible family members with them to Australia.
- The applicant must meet the criteria of activity they have been participating in under temporary activity 408 visas.
- The applicant must have enough financial capacity for the health insurance to cover the health cost of themselves and accompanying family members for the duration of their stay in Australia. For evidence, the applicant can show a bank statement or letter from a financial institution/employment contract/accommodation, allowance or other assistance from sponsor employer in Australia.
- The applicant applying from outside Australia must stay in Australia for a time period of 3 months or less.
- For sponsoring someone for this visa, the sponsor must be an organisation of Australia, a government agency legally established in Australia, lawfully operation foreign government Australian agency, a legal sport endorsing government/foreign government agency or organisation in Australia, a charitable religious foundation recognised by the Australian Tax office, captain/proprietor of a superyacht or registered in other country but a legal business in Australia.
- The applicant needs to submit medical examination reports within 12 months of lodging visa application and police certificates showing no criminal records from the past 10 years.
- However, the applicants are not expected to take an English language test but if they are considering working in Australia then at least a basic functioning level knowledge of the English language is necessary. Hence, to check the applicant’s proficiency in English they must demonstrate such scores in their exams: 4.5 band score in IELTS, 32 in TOEFL or 30 in PTE.
- The applicant’s vocational or employment background, personal attributes and ability to manage the position can be judged by considering factors like the applicant’s current occupation, their skill level, or whether they have done a similar kind of work before in Australia or any other country.