This is a temporary 12 months visa that allows the visa holder to work while travelling. These kinds of visas are usually issued during a cultural exchange program between Australia and certain other nations to promote intercultural understanding and diversity. In most cases, this working holiday (Subclass 417) visa are neither renewed nor extended. The Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa does not allow the visa holder to be accompanied by any dependent children at any point of time during their stay in Australia.
Benefits of Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) :
The Working Holiday (subclass 417) visa provides the golden opportunity to the visa holder where they can travel Australia and work during their stay, which lets them wonderfully explore Australia and becomes a source of a bit of income as well.
Requirements of Working Holiday (Subclass 417) Visa:
- The applicant must belong between the 18 to 30 age group and should hold a valid passport from an eligible country.
- The applicant is expected to provide evidence for their English proficiency and meet the basic educational requirements.
- At the time of the visa grant, the applicant must be outside Australia.
- The applicant must also have enough financial capacity to support themselves during their stay in Australia.
- Also, the applicant must have a return ticket or evidence highlighting the number of funds required for a return ticket to depart Australia.
- The applicant must also meet the health and character requirement.
- The countries which are eligible for the Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa are:
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
- Republic of Cyprus
- United Kingdom
The procedure of application for visa application:
Step 1: Collect certified copies of the first two biographical pages of your passport, birth certificate and bank statement showing you have at least AUD 5,000 in your account. Also, keep 2 recent passport-style photographs with your name printed on the back of photos.
Step 2: You can lodge your application online or can prepare and submit Form 1150.
Step 3: Make the payment.
Step 4: Attend a Consular Interview and then wait for a decision on your application.
Step 5: In case your application is approved, receive your visa and start working as well as travelling. If your application is rejected due to any circumstance, then look where the fault is trying again next time!.