Carer Visa (Subclass 116 and 836)
This visa allows a person whose relative is unwell and is unable to receive proper care from any other relative, hospital, nursing services, etc. in Australia, to live in Australia permanently and provide care and assistance to them. The applicant can only include their partner and their or their partner’s child or stepchild as family members in the visa application. The applicants, as well as the dependents in visa application, need to be outside Australia for subclass 116 and in Australia for subclass 836 at the time of lodging visa application and while visa grant.
A carer visa holder can live in Australia indefinitely as a permanent resident and if eligible can also apply for Australian citizenship. For five years from the visa grant, the Carer visa holder is also allowed to leave and revisit Australia frequently.
Carer Visa Requirements Australia:
The Orphan Relative Visa allows you to stay permanently in Australia. You can work and enrol in studies as well as in Australia’s health-related care and expense schemes like Medicare. If the visa holder is eligible and meets a certain set of requirements, they can also apply for Australian citizenship. For five years from the date of visa grant, the visa holder is allowed to travel to and from Australia frequently. Other than that, the applicant is also permitted to sponsor their eligible relatives for permanent residency.
Orphan Relative Offshore Visa (Subclass 117)
This Visa allows an orphan child to live with his or her sponsoring relatives permanently in Australia.
- Either the relative who needs care and assistance or their partner must sponsor the applicant.
- The relative who needs to be assisted, the applicant as well as the family member who needs care all must live in the same house.
- The relative who needs care or assistance must be an Australian permanent resident, a citizen of Australia or an eligible citizen of New Zealand. The relative must be in a relation of either child, parent, brother, sister, partner, grandparent, grandchild, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece (step-equivalent included) with the visa applicant.
- The relative needing care or assistance must be suffering from a permanent or long-term medical condition (which is assessed by Bupa Medical Visa Services) for which they need the support of the applicant relative for a minimum span of 2 years.
- For health requirements, the applicant and accompanying family members must undergo medical examination within 12 months of applying for the visa, while for character requirement they must provide a police clearance from respective countries in which they have stayed for more than 12 months in the last 10 years after turning 16 years old.
- The applicant must be devoid of any debts to the Australian government before visa grant.
The sponsor must be a minimum of 18 years of age and must be living in Australia as a permanent Australian resident, Australian citizen and/or eligible citizen of New Zealand. They need to submit the completely fill Form 40 Sponsorship for migration to Australia to the applicant to lodge it along with their visa application. Once, the visa is granted the sponsor must provide the required support, assistance and accommodation to the applicant as well as the accompanying members of the family.
How can we assist you in the visa application process?
We offer the customized visa application solutions for each applicant depending on their case history and requirements. Our diverse range o experience helps us to quickly analyze the intricacies and complications involved with every visa application and offer a satisfactory solution to yield fruitful results.