If you are an already settled Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Resident, this visa is required to bring your parents to Australia and family members to study, work and live. This visa permits the applicants to apply for Australian citizenship and enrols in Medicare subject to their eligibility.
With this visa, the applicant can travel in and from Australia for five years. But the waiting time for this visa is very long and could be up to 30 years. It is one of the highly demanded visa category but each financial year, there is only a limited number of seats available in this category. All the applications are processed in the order in which these are lodged. Once the applications reach the limit allocated for a particular financial year, no further visas are granted.
What are the criteria to apply for a Parent visa?
- The child of the applicant must be settled in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen or eligible New Zealand Citizen.
- The applicant must be sponsored by their child who is:
- 18 years of age or above and settled as an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen o Australian permanent resident.
- If under the age of 18 years, the sponsor is allowed to sponsor more than one parent for a Parent visa. A sponsor is held accountable for the financial and other responsibilities.
- The applicant must meet the balance-of-family test. It includes:
- At least half of the children of applicants should live permanently in Australia.
- A higher number of children should permanently live in Australia than in any other country.
- An assurance of support is required to be obtained from the child in Australia
- The health and character requirement must be fulfilled by the applicant.
How can we help you to get the Parent visa?
We diligently understand the importance of living together as a family and joining your loved ones in Australia. Our special efforts are directed to make the visa process simpler and easy for the applicants. Our team of experts guides you at each step of the application process.