The spouse or partner of an eligible New Zealand citizen, Australian citizen or permanent Australian Resident to live in Australia. This visa is granted at the initial stages of Partner visa which allow the stay of the applicant in Australia till the time the Permanent Partner (Migrant) visa is processed. The scope of this visa also includes the step-children and dependent children.
Why do I need a Partner Provisional Visa?
The permanent partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) requires t initiate two steps. A temporary visa is granted to the applicant to get eligible for a permanent partner visa. The application for the temporary and permanent is filed at the same time but only one fee is paid. Once the temporary Partner Visa is granted, you become eligible for the Permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) assessments which take about two years from the date of lodging the application. There is some additional documentation also required for this assessment. For the cases where the long term relationship exists before the application of the partner visa, the Permanent Partner Visa may be granted immediately after the granting of Partner Provisional Visa (Temporary) (subclass 309).
What are the criteria for applying for the Partner Provisional visa?
- The applicant should be a married or de facto partner of an eligible New Zealand citizen, Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident.
- The applicant must meet the prescribed character and health requirements.
- The applicant must be 18 years or above is eligible for applying for the visa. Under Australian law, a marriage is stand to be valid when the couple is 18 years or above.
- The spouse or the de facto partner is an Australian Permanent resident, Australian citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- The applicant should hold the temporary Partner visa (subclass 309)
- All the Australian laws comply on the temporary visa.
- The applicant has to continue to be the de facto partner or spouse except the relationship ends due to some unavoidable reasons.
How can we help you to get the Partner Provisional Visa and Partner Migrant Visa
Our migration experts help you to get through the stringent visa application process by rending the expert knowledge. From preparations to documentations and lodging visa application, we assist you at every step to make your application process smooth and hassle-free.