If you are seeking a temporary Australian visa for up to 5 years, this visa allows you to study, work and live in designated regional area of Australia. After three years of holding subclass 491, the applicant becomes eligible to apply for a Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191)
491 Visa invited Pathway
You need to submit an expression of interest and should be nominated by Australian territory or state government agency to procure the Skilled regional Provisional Visa. Alternatively, an eligible relative living in Australia can sponsor you, if living in the designated area as prescribed.
Requirements to comply:
- You must be either sponsored by an eligible relative or nominated by the Australian State or Territory to work and live.
- You must of 45 years of age at the time of invitation.
- If you are sponsored or nominated, your occupation category must comply with the prescribed list of eligible skilled occupations.
- You must score 65 points as pass test marks.
- You must possess competent English skills.
- You must clear the skill assessment to evident that you have desired skill and qualifications to
- This visa is for a member of the family unit of someone who holds a Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- work in the intended occupation.
491 Subsequent Entry Pathway
If you are a family member of a unit who is already holding the subclass 491 visa, this pathway is applicable for you. You can be in or away from Australia when the visa is applied and when the decision is declared. This visa is for a member of the family unit of someone who holds a Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)