A permanent visa for skilled workers is commonly known as a 186 Visa or Employer Nomination Scheme Visa. With this, you can work in Australia under three streams:
The Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) Stream 186 Visa
- You are eligible to hold the visa under this stream only when you hold one of the following types of visa:
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) (not granted under labour agreements)
- Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482) (for medium-term stream unless transitional arrangements applied)
- related associated Bridging visa
- You have been nominated in the same position at least for the three years out of the last four consecutive years before the nomination is sent.
- You worked full-time under an employer in Australia on your subclass 457 visa or TSS for at least.
- For two years before the nomination is made, you need to hold either subclass 457 visa on 18th April 2017, if transitional arrangements apply.
Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) Direct Entry Stream 186 Visa
If your employer wants to sponsor you for permanent residence, you are eligible to seek a visa in this category. Following are some of the conditions to comply:
- You must possess relevant experience of 3 years and desired qualifications as provided in your nominated occupation.
- Your occupation is on the subclass186 visa occupation list.
- For your nominated occupation, you must achieve a positive skill assessment score further approved by the authorized assessment authority. However, you are exempted to apply for the skill assessment test if you already applied for:
A subclass 186 visa and nominated as:
- A technical specialist, scientist or researcher by any of the scientific agencies including the State or Territory government.
- The University Of Australia nominates you in Academic.
Agreement Stream 186 employer nomiation Visa
If your employer wants to sponsor a permanent residence and entered into a labour agreement that provides you with a permanent residence pathway, this visa is applicable for you.
What are the requirements for Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
- Should meet the health and character requirements
- Should meet the requirements in the stream you are applying.
- The Australian employer is willing to nominate and offer you a full-time position for at least 2 years.
- You are under 45 years of age while applying for the Employer Nomination Scheme.
- The applicant possesses the relevant qualifications and skills at the time of 186 visa applications.
- At the time of lodgment, must possess the required English Skills.
- The approved Australian employer must nominate the applicant within six months before the Employer Nomination Scheme visa application.
How can we assist you to ensure a smooth application process?
At every step of the visa process, our team of professional experts guide you in understanding, organizing and lodging the visa application. So that you have a smooth experience and employer nomination scheme processing time is reduced to minimum time i.e 6 months for Direct Entry Stream. Especially for entrepreneurs with the requirements of Strategic Business Plan, Financial Planning, Forecasting and strategy management, Local labour Market analysis and approval from Regional Body.