This visa is devised to genuinely bring in skilled workers to address the labour shortage issues which cannot be sourced with skilled Australian. Also referred as TSS, this via brings in overseas workers to meet the temporary skill shortage. Due consideration is laid to prioritize the Australian workers and the outsourced labour is only used to fill the gap between deabmand and supply. If you are a TSS visa holder, you can work in Australia in the nominated occupation under the three streams by their approved sponsors.
Short-term stream (ST)
If your employer sponsors you as an overseas skilled worker for the occupations listed in the short-term Skilled Occupation list (STSOL) , you can apply for Australian stream via this visa. It can only be used to fill the vacancies:
- If International Trade Obligation (ITO) applies, it will be for four years.
- In all other cases, it will be two years.
If as an overseas worker, your employer sponsors you up to four years and list under the medium-term stream or Regional Occupation List (ROL) for a TSS visa or Long-term Strategic Skills list (ML TSSL).
Labour agreement stream
If the Australian employer wishes to sponsor the applicant and enter with him in a labour agreement with the department, this is covered under this stream. The immigration lawyer in this case assess the eligibility of the applicant and there are some specific requirements which are laid for the potential employer and employee to be covered under this.
What are the requirements for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS Subclass 187)
As an overseas worker, you can get this visa only when:
- You possess the required English proficiency skills.
- You comply the statutory conditions associated with your last visa.
- You meet the character and health requirements specified.
- You are nominated by an approved sponsor.
- Your nomination has been approved.
- All the requirements mentioned in your stream are fulfilled.
- You must hold a substantive visa, a subclass 020 (Bridging B), Subclass 010 (Bridging A) or a Subclass 030 (Bridging C) visa, if in Australia
- You must possess the required qualifications and skills including the completion of all the required skill assessments.
How can we assist you to ensure a smooth application process?
At every step of the visa process, our team of professional experts guide you in understanding, organizing and lodging the visa application. So that you have a smooth experience while your temporary Skilled Shortage visa application.